Sunday, August 15, 2004

The Day After

I worked last night, which gave me just a few hours of sleep today. I have learned a valuable lesson with regards to shopping. Buy Stouffers Meals. Just for the days after I've worked. I'm just too tired to cook! But unless I feel like quick trips to KFC eating up the money I've just gone out to earn (no pun intended) I need to plan ahead.

Last night was another night that showed me how much I love what I do. I had a resident who is known to be combative reach out for my arm, and pull me in to hug her. She wasn't elderly in that moment. She was as vulnerable as any of God's creatures can be, and I was blessed to be able to give some comfort. She wanted someone to hold on to while her bed was changed. She needed it. What job could possibly be better? I get to leave home and serve the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!