Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Literacy In the Twin Cities

An interesting story in todays paper. Apperantly Minneapolis is the most literate city in the US. But St. Paul, which is just across the river is the 16th most literate city in the country. Is there some kind of reading line that I haven't noticed in the year and a half that I've lived here? People just cross over into St. Paul and put down the books! What do they pick up? Hockey sticks? That's it, they're just too busy playing hockey in St. Paul to read as much as Minneapolis residents. It's all priorities folks. How do they decide this stuff?

Okay, so I worked last night and slept two hours. Now Dominic is at work and I actually think I'm more tired now than when I went to sleep this morning. Naptime can't come soon enough, let me tell you!

I'm planning on buying Reagan's curriculum next week. I'm so excited about it. It's the Catholic Heritage Curriculum. Lots of books. Reagan and I both like that, and most of them can be saved for the next child coming up! Anyone out there actually used it? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!