Thursday, February 16, 2006

I Think Piper Is Trying To Kill Me

Yes, I really do.  I think she would like me to die before the age of 30 from a massive stress-induced heart attack.  Why would I think such a thing?  Well, it's simple really.  Today in a matter of minutes she managed to climb up into the medicine chest and drink nearly a half a bottle of Ibuprofen.  Poison control said that it's nothing to worry about and that ibuprofen is tolerated well in children.

This is the second time she's done this.  The last time was about a year and a half ago.  I'd forgotten how well she can climb.  She'd been given some medicine for her cold earlier today and decided it tasted good, so went back for more.  But she got the ibuprofen instead.  Child proof caps my @$$!

How can I convince her it's medicine when it tastes like candy?  But how could I get her to take it if it tasted like crud?

Why does she feel the need to test me this way?

I lock all of our serious medications up in a combination locked makeup case.  Sadly I can't fit everything in it, and thought I could leave the less harmful kids stuff in the medicine cabinet.  Looks like I'll need to find another plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!