Monday, February 06, 2006

The Flylady Bandwagon

Boy, I really have been neglecting my poor homeschooling blog, haven't I?

Well, on the homeschooling front, I'm still learning that there are many forms of education, even on days where we don't do formal lessons.  On groundhog day, Reagan spent time learning about groundhogs, and the old myth.  And he educated himself, by reading and checking out the Internet.

As for me, the fog is beginning to lift, at least in my homelife.  I've had a bit of post-partum depression, but it's affected my desire to be out of the house and answer e-mails.  Go figure.  Now things are starting to change.  I think my desire changed first, but thankfully, it was given direction from the Flylady.

I'm on day 16 of her beginner baby steps.  It's been great.  I have a morning and evening routine again.  The house is getting de-cluttered and organized.  And I'm not falling all over myself to do it.

In days past, pregnancy would give me all the impetus I needed to clean the house from top to bottom.  This pregnancy was different, however, and I lacked motivation.  Now that he's here and I'm getting my energy back, it's finally happening.   My first finished project was my closet, which is now so neat and tidy I'd like to go sit in it.

This morning I got up, got dressed to my shoes, got the kids fed, got the kids dressed (and diapers changed), did 2 loads of laundry, and our weekly home blessing hour.  Then I packed up all the kids and we went to Peapods in St. Paul to buy new diapers for Ciaran.  Then we hit Walgreens for a new kitchen timer, and other miscellaneous items.  Now, I'm home, and I've done both cleaning and de-cluttering in my zone and am washing the new diapers before use.

I feel so productive!  And that increases my positive thoughts, thus pushing the post-partum depression farther and farther away.

I did have another thought today.  I need more sleep.  I'm up doing things around the house and playing World of Warcraft until late, and then I'm up early.  I made at least 4 wrong turns while driving today, in areas that I drive in all the time.

So, thank you, Flylady for helping to get my home back in order.  And helping me to feel better in general.  Now for the sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!