Friday, March 31, 2006

Either Poopy Or Get Off The Potty

Maybe no one else in the world will find it as funny as I did.  Standing in the shower with Bridget, trying to get Piper to join us, so I could essentially kill 3 birds with one stone.  She just wouldn't come in, insisting she needed to poopy.

Finally I looked at her and said, "Piper, either poopy or get off the potty!"

And then I laughed.

I find myself saying more and more things that sound like my parents:

Enough is enough, and too much is plenty.
You're talking to hear your head roar.
You're cruisin' for a bruisin'.
You're being a pill.
You make a better door than a window.
Stop that!

And the list goes on.  Still, poopy or get off the potty was one I'd never used before, and certainly never in such a literal context.

I'm sure Piper had no idea what I thought was so funny.  But I have to say, it was one more of those moments in parenting that I had to think about and try and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!