Monday, March 13, 2006

What If

A flylady testemonial got me thinking today.  A woman with a blended family was paid a visit by CPS.  Apparently someone had informed them that one of the kids wasn't being treated well.  The author was so pleased to be able to invite the agents in to a decluttered home where the laundry was done, the kids were clean, she was dressed, and they were having fun.

Now, I'm not too worried about anyone accusing me of mistreating one of my kids (though anything is possible) I do worry from time to time that someone will accuse me of abuse because my children aren't in school.  I would hope not, but one never knows.

So, I'm looking around the house tonight and am so pleased.  It's not immaculate, but it's clean.  I've done my weekly home blessing hour, 3 loads of laundry are finished and put away, the closets in the bathroom were decluttered and organized today, there is food in the pantry and the fridge, and the kids are clean and in bed.

I'm pleased, because I've been teaching Reagan a method for cleaning his room which has had wonderful results.  It's getting picked up well each night, and I've been heaping praise on him instead of picking.

I'm working tomorrow and I have out my clothes (as well as clothes for the kids), I've made a list so I won't forget things, and I'm prepared.  So, even though I'm getting up at 5:15, I won't be rushed and forgetful.

So, I have to say, it's very nice to think that if CPS came a'knockin' tomorrow, I would be able to show them that my children are well cared for, and not me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off yelling at them to get things done.

What Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!