Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for this year.  A house to live in, healthy children, good jobs, and a sense of security.  Yet, my greatest treasure is my faith.  This year has provided me with an immense amount of growth.  The Lord isn't finished with me yet.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  Still, I've come to a place of great peace.

This past year has led me to finally discard my near-graven image of the perfect mother and embrace Grace.  My reality is that my imperfection is is made perfect by the love of God.  I can simply keep doing my best, and striving to do better.  I am not required to beat myself up for my shortcomings.  That understanding is allowing me a greater patience when dealing with my children's imperfections as well.  I don't have to see them as a reflection of my failures, but as a chance for learning and growth.

This year I am grateful not just for  the material blessings, but for the improvements in my character.  More than anything I wish for my children to grow up to be wise and good, and perhaps I will become so as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to All.  May we all give thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!