Sunday, December 03, 2006

Trouble

For the first, almost five years, I was the mother of one child.  I always knew where my child was, and he rarely got into things.  Now I am the mother of four children.  Three of whom are four and under.  I have learned is that if I cannot see my children I can automatically assume that they are making mischief of some kind.

Piper puts on my make-up because she wants to be "A Lady".  Bridget sneaks out of bed at naptime and colors her face green with a marker like some kind of weird twist on a Braveheart warrior.  Piper gets into the pantry and eats.  Bridget gets into the pantry and eats.  Piper and Bridget get into the pantry together and eat.  Piper and Bridget get into my bathroom together and go through things.  Reagan gets pencils out of my drawer.  Piper and/or Bridget get various things out of my drawer.  Bridget gets into things in the bedroom.   Oh, and YES, all of this happened just today.

It's days like this that leave me feeling wholly inadequate as a parent.  Granted, the kids were really whiny, Ciaran is teething, and I'm a bit....hormonal.  So, today was a bad mix.  The good news is that, like Anne of Green Gables used to say, "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!