Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hamsters And Homeschooling

Hamsters are escape artists. Ours escaped twice tonight. Thankfully, I was able to catch Max, and return him to his cage. Finally I clipped the bars of the cage together and he was unable to get out again.

That combined with the inability to keep Bridget in bed, made for a very interesting bedtime. I have to keep getting up and returning Bridget to her bed. It's very tiresome. I'm hoping that once she gets used to her new potty trained status, she'll no longer feel the need to show off her new skill every twenty minutes, and maybe she'll stay in bed longer.

Piper is coming along with letters and writing, but I'm still having a hard time teaching her how to hold a pencil. I'm thinking of getting her some kind of laminated board that she could mark on over and over again for practice writing.

Reagan is excited because he's learning about division with a remainder. Who'd have thought any child of mine would be excited by Math? He's also started a poetry unit, and his poetry is very funny. A bit nonsensical, perhaps, but it's poetry! Now I should start thinking about some poets that he could read...

I'm off to bed. It's been a very long day and I'm so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!