Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Holy Week

What a busy week!

Thursday we went to our first Mass at the church closest to us, and it was wonderful.  Reagan had his feet washed by the Priest.  We saw neighbors there, and the Mass was in English and Spanish.

Saturday we met up with friends and had a wonderful time.  Then I went to the Easter Vigil Mass with a friend from out of state.  It was at the Basilica of Mary in Minneapolis.  It was incredible.  Sometimes I have a hard time letting go and enjoying big services like that.  As the daughter of the choir director, I have an idea of all the work that goes on behind the scenes to prepare and it distracts me.  But the Easter Vigil, so full of mystery and symbolism, renewed my Spirit and nourished my soul.

We're still getting over being sick, but we had a wonderful Holy Week, and a Blessed Easter.  Christ is risen, Christ is risen indeed.  Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!