Saturday, June 09, 2007

How Does She Do It?

Michelle Duggar of Arkansas is expecting her 17th child.  As I sit here, pregnant again, I wonder how she does it.  I'm so much more tired this time.  I'm queasy and sick much of the time, and just generally feel like death warmed over.  I'm not trying to throw a big pity party for myself or anything, after all, I do know what pregnancy is like, but I just can't fathom how someone fights the urge to crawl onto the couch for three months while homeschooling a small army and running a large home.  I don't think I'd have it in me!   

I don't think my morning sickness is any worse with this pregnancy than it has been with any other pregnancy.  But I definitely think I'm more tired than usual.  With the added responsibility of four young children, I'm just worn out.  

I can remember pregnancies where I've only counted the days until the baby's birth.  This time, birth can wait, I'm in no hurry.  Right now I'm just counting down the days until I feel human again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!