Thursday, August 09, 2007

Logic

I'm a big believer in education.  And I support the wonderful Catholic Universities in the United States.  But I do have to ask, are they teaching logic these days?

 

This Catholic blogger lives in Florida and attends Franciscan University in Ohio during the Summer.  She's planning to be a teacher.  So, imagine my head scratching after reading a number of posts saying things like,

"As I ALWAYS SAY: THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO INTENTION OF HELPING ME PAY OR ASSISTING MY DEAR HUBBY AND I with the costs and expenses of our adoption at Everyday Blessings in Thonotosassa, Florida, which is near Tampa,where we live."

Source 

And then reading:

"Somethings to note: I will never homeschool my kids. I need the retirement money which when you retire: don't come to see me. I am not lending money to you."

Source 

I'm quite confused by this blogger's ideas about financial support:

  1. If you think she should have children (which in my opinion is none of your business), then you should help her pay for it.
  2. If you're a SAHM, don't ask her for a hand out.
  3. If you homeschool, you're probably on welfare, and getting a government hand out.

Maybe the answer is that she thinks everyone is looking to get something.  She'd like help paying for her education and having a child, so she assumes that homeschoolers or SAHM's must expect someone to help them pay for their lifestyles.  That's the only thing I can figure. 

I often want to comment on her blog, which is Catholic, but incredibly judgmental of anyone who isn't her particular brand of Catholic (which is the non-judgmental kind, don't you know), and seems quite vitriolic to me, but she has comments turned off.  Bummer.

It's always an interesting read, but I never know if I should laugh at the insanity:

"It doesn't all depend on me. THAT'S RIGHT SISTER J*o*y AND IT DOESN'T MEAN THE DEGERGENT THAT YOU CLEAN YOUR FREAKIN HOUSE WITH OR SCRUB THAT FLOOR UNTIL IT IS NICE AND CLEAN.

Sorry, I have a blog. YOU DO IT ... I LIVE IN FLORIDA. I TALK ABOUT IT.  "

Source 

Or cry because she's going to be teaching!

Again, always an interesting read, but I hope that one day, Mrs. Stark realizes that we're not all trying to get a hand out, that we're not at all interested in either giving her or taking her money, and that just because someone is a more conservative Catholic than she is doesn't mean that they really think they're better than she is.  REALLY! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!