Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More Thunderstorms

As we finished Bridge to Terabithia last night (with me crying over a characters death as I hadn't read the book and didn't see it coming) the thunder came rolling in. About half an hour before midnight, we lost power for the second time this week.  It only came back this afternoon about 3 PM.

I still wasn't bored this morning.  Piper and I still had lessons to do.  We finished them all and made a mobile with a clover representing One God and a sun, cross, and dove representing the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I'm trying to find our really cool Discover Kids magazine (they're so great I save every one) about Thunderstorms so she can learn more about them.

Then kids really got into some imaginative play without any distractions.  I often play music in the morning with my iPod through the stereo, but even that wasn't possible this morning.  So I found them, Princes and Princesses, making their way through the wilderness staying away from the forces of evil, and searching for treasure.  It was so much fun to watch and listen to.

Yes, it would have been nice to have had air conditioning and food that was really cold, or a toaster that worked.  But it's amazing that with no TV, no radio, no lights, no nothing, that we all stayed entertained and happy with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!