Friday, April 24, 2009

My Husband Rocks


Thanks to Katy Lin and her blog The Great Adventure for this great Meme. Sadly I am one of the many women who often gets all carried away in taking care of her home and children, and writing about her home and children. Sometimes I forget, or neglect, to tell my readers and my husband how much he rocks.

I could give you a history of all the things he's done since we got married (I'm a girl, I keep score), but that would take countless pages and more time than I have. Instead, since this is a weekly meme and I plan to do it again, I'll tell you about this week.

This week my husband cleaned the kitchen, more than once when I was too tired, or feeling too sick to do it myself. He just rolled up his sleeves and dug right in. He's not afraid of hard work, especially not if it's helping me.

This week Dominic came to bed each night, asked if there was anything he could get me, and made sure I knew that he would get up if I needed anything during the night. And the best part is, I knew he would. In fact he got up early this morning to help me get kids fed and Ciaran off to school.

This week he called me every day from work, made sure he knew what was going on at home, and listened to me if I needed to vent about anything. He's listened to blog posts, listened to me work out issues I had, and listened to our children tell him stories that sometimes didn't even make sense.

No one is perfect. Not me, not my husband. But I can't think of a better way to remember the hundred and one reasons I love Dominic so much than to write down, once in a while, everything he does for us. I think this meme will be a very good exercise for me. I'll just have to remember to read it the next time I get mad at him for something.

Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.

Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of his house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.

Song Of Solomon 8:6-7

3 comments:

  1. What a testimony to your hubby - very sweet! Love that verse!

    So, how's that "staying sane" thing workin' out for ya? I'm not sure it's working for me so well...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Sarah Mae, some days it works out better than others! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! thanks for joining us! you definitely have a rockin' hubby! can't wait to see what you have for us in the weeks to come! you're officially blogrolled, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!