Friday, May 08, 2009

My Husband Rocks!


Well, another Friday, and another day to talk about why my husband rocks. As I was thinking about what my husband did this week that really means something to me, I found myself stumped. There was nothing in particular that jumped out at me. But then I realized that what I really appreciate, not just this week, but every day is, his presence.

Someone's presence may sound like a small thing, but it's really quite significant. You see, it's his presence that makes me feel safe and loved. For the last couple of nights I've had bad dreams. Missing body parts, trauma, loss, and there's nothing like waking up in the middle of the night and looking over at your husband and realizing that you're not alone. He was right there with me.

My husband loves to tease and kid. I can always tell when a female coworker walks behind him while he's on the phone with me. The conversation will turn from the mundane daily chat to "You'd better have dinner on the table for me when I get home, you know". He knows it drives them crazy, and I of course, know he's just playing. So, my husband's presence is not always quiet and strong. Sometimes it's loud and boisterous. Sometimes it makes me nuts. But he's always there for me. From labors, to illness, to the loss of our baby, he's always there, completing me, keeping me strong. And that means more to me than a thousand roses, or a hundred boxes of chocolate, or fancy dinners and nights on the town. It's that solid constant presence that gives me the security to be the wife I need to be, the mother I need to be, and the woman I want to be.

Click to join in!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome man God gave you. He sounds like a neat guy. ")

    I know what you mean about presence. Today, I felt incomplete when he left. I realized that when he goes to work, I go to work too (in the morning for about 5 hours (bereavement work) and then come home in time to pick up the kids from school) When he is home, I often stay home and hang with him or go on a 12 hour shift. I am not home alone much at all.

    I truly missed his presence today.

    I get it!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're husband has more time at home soon, Julie. And I'm praying for all the firemen in Santa Barbara. My family is in Orange County, but I know how California is. I know firemen from all over have gone to help and are putting their lives on the line. My thoughts and prayers are with all of them and their families.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!