Sunday, June 28, 2009

25 Weeks Pregnant

Photobucket

Being Pregnant is something that still leaves me in a state of near constant wonder. I may be tired, and certainly may find myself cranky. But there's something amazing about how everything changes to make room and prepare for another person.

It's also surprising to me how I went from a 19 year old, pregnant with Reagan, to a 20 year old mother, to a 31 year old mother of almost 6! I would ask how that happens, but we all know how it happens, and I guarantee you I know too. My father actually asked me once, if I knew what was causing my pregnancies. I leaned over the table, looked him square in the eyes, and said, "Yes, Dad, but we're not going to stop doing that."

Photobucket

I know. A mean thing to do to one's father. But in fairness, he started it, and he's never asked me again.

Once again, my body is growing and changing. Not always in the ways I'd like, but hey, it's worth it. So after a long day doing things with my friend S. (like fixing my husbands computer, shopping and eating) we took a few pictures to show where I am at 25 weeks.

Photobucket

Mostly I feel pretty good. I'm healthy and the baby is healthy and everything is progressing as it should. I'd be lying, however, if I said I wasn't concerned about my weight. I spent most of my life as a skinny girl and I'm still surprised by my own reflection most days. But I'm trying to get healthy, and take heart in the fact that my children do not care what the mean scale says. And trust me, my scale is getting downright nasty to me. It stops short of saying, "Get off me, you fat cow!" but I can tell, it's thinking about it. Oh, well, let the scale think what it wants.

Photobucket

I'm growing a baby. And nothing could be better than that.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like we have a lot in common. I have #6 on the way too--we haven't announced it yet though ;-) You do NOT look like a fat cow! I think you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with homelover2, you look gorgeous! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like it! Now it's on my favorites list. I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you picked a name for baby yet? I rememer I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ Let us know how it's going!! Jo and her little Marlow

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty and happy!

    I loved being pregnant. I would have done it 6 times (except that bringing baby home part. LOL!).

    Glad you came out from behind the camera.

    Looking forward to seeing more as baby grows!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking Good Anne! Great to put a face to all the blogging! Thanks for sharing~ Blessings Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome and super young!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are all too sweet. But, Kimberly, I look super young? Checks in the mail, Sweetie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree! You look beautiful! And, on a side note, I am so jealous that they started making those cute gathered at the sides maternity shirts...those are adorable! Guess that's the way it goes though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the smile. Trust me girl, your looking great. I'm exactly 4 weeks behind you with baby #3, and I look in the mirror all the time and wonder what happened to my skinny old self. (And when did my butt get pregnant?) I think you look exactly the way a woman bringing new life into the world should look, which is beautiful. Do you know boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, what is up with getting pregnant in your butt? Seriously, I bought a larger size in panties, and they're too big in front, and not big enough in the back.

    I don't know what pregnant women these underwear fit, but they aren't me! *grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love ya Anne and I can't wait to meet baby (if only it is through online pics)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!