Friday, June 19, 2009

My Husband Rocks!


Katy Lin gave me my idea for a post this week. Thanks, Katy Lin! She was talking about how her husband shows his pride in her. It made me smile because my husband is the same way.

When I meet people who work with Dominic, the first thing they say to me (when it's not, "Are you pregnant again?") is what nice things he says about me. He's directed people to my blog which he loves, talks about my parenting style, and tells them how much he loves me. I'm not sure why they report it back to me, but I generally get the idea that they're surprised to hear a man speak so highly of his wife. Isn't that sad?

I'm usually under the impression that I do not deserve such adoration, but I can't express how grateful I am for it. I think it's really important to know that you have someone in this world who is totally on your side. I remember when I wanted to homeschool and was worried about his reaction, he just looked at me and said that if anyone could teach a child at home, I could. Which is not to say that we agree on everything, or that we always see eye to eye on how to do things. But at the end of the day, we're on the same team, and I always know I can count on him. That is an indescribable gift.

His mouth is sweetness itself;
he is altogether lovely.
This is my lover, this my friend,
O daughters of Jerusalem.
Song of Songs 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!