Monday, June 08, 2009

Not Me! Monday...or....Tuesday

I did not totally forget to write the Not Me! Monday post that I was thinking about all day. Nope! Not me. I'm far too organized and together to let something like that slip my mind because I was finishing a murder mystery novel.

I did not totally over eat cruddy foods at work on Sunday because the unit was slow and quiet and I was working with friends. Nope! Not me. After all, I'm a nurse and I'm pregnant. I know the importance of nutrition on fetal development and I'm pretty sure Reese's Peanut Butter cups aren't at the top of the list of good foods. And I'm so totally not craving fried mozzarella sticks from the new Sonic that just opened up down the street from my house.

I did not buy my kids both Twinkies and popsicles at the store this week. Nope! Not me. Again, nutrition is far too important. And of course I would never use said junk foods as bribes for getting things done around the house because it's an easy motivator.

There is not a pile of socks in my bedroom that has simply grown over the last two weeks because, while laundry itself isn't so much of an issue at the moment, sorting and folding socks seems like too much work when I could be watching Moonlight on the internet. Nope! Not me. All the socks are folded and put away in our house.

I did not entertain the idea of flying to California and offering my services to Firehubby in breaking the fingers of the nurse who didn't help Julie of mom.wife.nurse when she was having an anaphalactic reaction in the parking lot of a hospital, nor did I suggest that he do it when no one was looking. Nope! Not me. Breaking the man's fingers, while justified, is probably not the right thing to do. I'm just guessing.

And I did not tell all my friends who are nurses how badly that ticked me off. Which, by the way, was right up there with the doctor who told my patient that he had terminal cancer over the phone while the man was in the Physical Therapy gym. I did not contemplate calling that doctor back and telling him that if he didn't have time to give a patient that kind of diagnosis in person (you know, where he could answer questions and help the patient understand the severity of what was going on), perhaps he should think about decreasing his caseload or choosing another line of work entirely. Nope! Not me.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!