Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flylady, Trying Again

I love the Flylady.  Really, I do.  When I was pregnant with Bridget 7 years ago (How on earth has it been that long?!?) it helped me nest in a way that was organized and productive, rather than frantic and useless.  My apartment sparkled.

Well, I'm pregnant again.  Yeah, shocker, right?  And now that the morning sickness is largely leaving me alone and I no longer feel like I need to sleep all day (just most of it) it's time to get going on preparing for a new member of the family.  And you know what that means?  Scrubbing the floor of the kitchen on my hands and knees.  Because all newborns love a clean kitchen floor months before they're born.  Yeah, I know, the logic escapes me as well.  But I'm pregnant, so I don't have to make sense anymore.

I have to scrub toilets!  Clean high ceiling corners!  And free us from the evil clutches of the dastardly...dust bunnies.  Or if I could just get on top of the laundry, and keep the house in some semblance of order while six children follow me around and undo all my hard work, that would be okay too.  Priorities and baby steps, right?


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!

    I am attempting FlyLady again this year, too. Good luck!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your very personal story with the Pearls. I agreed. We followed that with our first and I believe a lot of his behavior issues stem from our constant correction. Our second just went her own way, despite any and all correction. The lessons were not learned. This past year, as our third is about to turn 2, I've completely changed how I love and nurture the kids! I've discovered "grace based" parenting and also some waldorf influences, especially setting up rhythms in the home!!! I'm glad to change from any connection to the Pearls and am so much happier. The family is, too. Damage has been done to my first son emotionally and it will take so much time to rebuild, but we will. I posted your button. Thanks for making that. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, how did I miss your preg???? Congrats Anne! I do a verison of flylady ... the zone theroy and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!