Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day Resolutions


So, it's Earth Day. Or at least it was yesterday.  But, you know, I got all confused by the school holiday and thought it was Saturday.  Cut me some slack, I have pregnancy brain!  But this is the one day a year we're supposed to think about our Mother Earth and how to keep from destroying her. Wow, just one day for that, huh?

We live in a time that is at least starting to think about how to live in a more environmentally friendly way, and for that I'm grateful. But I know there's more we can do.  Mrs. B., over at Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom, has written this great post about simple ways to improve the environment. And to tell you the truth, while I do many of those things, I still felt a bit convicted.

So I made some Earth Day Resolutions:

1. I'm going to get the reusable grocery bags from the car, into the store, and start using them! Heck, Target gives a $0.05 rebate for every reusable bag you use.  I have managed to do this, but most of the time they sit forgotten about in the van until it's time to check out.

2. I'm going to make better use of my reusable coffee mug. I don't need a disposable Starbucks cup every time I go in.

3. I'm going to use my cloth diapers more. I've been cloth diapering for six years now, and I've always loved it. But when I get tired and don't feel like doing more laundry, sometimes the cloth diapers are the first thing to go, or at least get cut down on. And, to be honest, cloth diapers are not only better for the environment, but better for our family budget, too.

With so many things we can do to help keep the Earth we live on clean and healthy, what did you think about this Earth Day?  Do you have any resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. #1 is high on my list. I have a stack of bags in the car but my pregnancy brain keeps forgetting they are in there. I think I need to move them to the front so I can see them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I would enjoy cloth diapers but after seeing the savings, and buying such cute prints I am totally sold. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!