Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Friday I'm In Love

Today is my husband's birthday. I was going to start this blog post out saying that despite his being an ass, he's my ass, and I love him. But damned if he didn't just walk in the room singing Cat Stevens to me and being all sweet and wonderful. That's just like him. Always messing up my best laid plans.

He knew he loved me within 24 hours of meeting me. Which is crazy for a thousand reasons, not the least of which is that I'm kind of a pain in the ass, too. See, aren't we perfect for each other? But love me, he did, and still does. Which is a good thing, since I'm pretty crazy about him, too.

Life is never perfect for any couple, and we're no exception. We've had a lot of rough times. Financially we're never fantastic. On top of that we've had loss, stress, babies, cross-country moves, and of course the difficulties that come with raising a bunch of kids. But through it all he's remained my partner, and my best friend.

I won't say how old he is today, but I hope he's not even halfway done. I sometimes can't remember my life before he was in it, and I can't imagine my life without him, either.

Happy Birthday, Baby. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Mine always messes up my plans to, but you gotta love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do. I think it's a law. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!