Friday, June 03, 2011

Adventures In Pregnancy


I'm ready for there to be less adventure in my pregnancy. Tuesday afternoon I started noticing some contractions. By about 4 pm they were coming regularly and some of them hurt. Then I noticed the bloody show. Fabulous. Off the the hospital I went to be checked out. The doctor found me a fingertip dilated, with a soft cervix, and a "bulging lower segment" to my uterus. She said she could feel Liam turning his head. And now my contractions were coming every 5-6 minutes. She immediately put me on Magnesium Sulfate and had me transferred to the hospital where I will ultimately deliver.

After the drive with the cute Nurse (he wants to have 10 kids and a farm) I was installed in a new room, with a new IV (the old one had infiltrated) and was hovered over by a new doctor.

Thankfully for me, I adjusted quickly to the Mag Sulfate, and it really worked. The contractions went away. Instead of having to stay on the Mag for 3 days, I managed to only be on it for a little over 1 day. I also got the steroids to help mature Liam's lungs, should he decide to come early after all. These are all good things.

Now I'm back home on modified bedrest and oral medication. So far, so good. But this staying off my feet business is really hard.

My goal is to cook this guy a little longer. The only thing he should have to get through is surgery! Hear that, Liam? Relax!

2 comments:

I love comments!