Friday, July 22, 2011

Busy and Not Apologizing

Usually when I've fallen behind in blogging, I come back and apologize for neglecting my space here. I think I need to stop doing that. I have loved having this blog, but sometimes life just interferes and I have to do other things.

Liam's fluid in his brain....has stabalized! Can you believe it? It's stabilized! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but they're willing to give him another month. He'll have another ultrasound and best case scenario, he's grown and started reabsorbing some of that cerebrospinal fluid. Worst case scenario, he still needs the shunt but he's had another month to grow and mature so that surgery will be safer.

We've been busy spending time with friends, and as a family. We've gone to the park, we've watched movies, and we've enjoyed just being together. If I were sleeping at night, it would be absolutely perfect. But, hey, sleep is overrated, right? Once he gets the whole side-lying nursing thing, we'll sleep!

So much to talk about, but at least I can put out an "I'm still here" post. I'm still here!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! this is TERRIFIC news! Keep us posted as you're able. Hugs and blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally shouldn't feel like you have to apologize. I think people are happy to see when you post, not irritated when you don't. You don't owe your readers anything, and we all understand why you might be distracted at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggg - stupid blogger! I swear I clicked 3 things to post and it still wasn't done yet!

    What I said was...no need to apologize. :) Your family should come first. I'm very happy to hear the good news on Liam, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!