Monday, November 03, 2014

The Bright Side

Despite speaking fluid sarcasm, I'm an optimistic person by nature.

I believe that things will work out for the best. I believe that people are basically good. I believe that there is an answer to every question, and a solution to every problem.

So let me tell you, it's a thing when I can't find the solution.

The good news in my house today was that the sink was unclogged. A plumber came, and for a small sum (thank the Good Gods above), there is no more standing water in my sink.

The bad news today in my house was that the van started doing this weird thing on the way back from taking Dominic to work this morning. The RPMs were way up, and not dropping down like they should on an automatic.

Turns out there's some cylinder in our transmission that's cracked. To repair it on the cheap, is going to be $2400.

Twenty-Four-Hundred-Dollars

I don't know about you, but our family doesn't have that lying around. We've looked into a number of options, none of which have worked out. I literally don't know how we're going to pay for this.

That said, I put this on Facebook, and was truly touched by how much people care about us, and how many people understand what kind of a stressor this can be.

We are a one car family. We have kids with special needs, and one who is currently having more tests and appointments than usual, as we try to figure out how his neurological condition is affecting him, and how to help him.

I'm beyond grateful for the support and encouragement. I guess I'm still an optimist, because I keep thinking something will present itself. A friend has recommended that I offer a short e-book on tips and tricks for every mom, covering newborns, breastfeeding tips, discipline, and communication. If I charged $5 for it, and got 500 people to buy it, it would cover the cost of the repair.

I think I could do it, too, but I'd have to get 500 of you to throw in $5 for it. I love the idea, and I think I will probably write it and make it available, but I have little hope that 500 people are going to buy it.

But I love that someone thinks I could. And I love that I'm surrounded by people, both in real life and virtually, that care about our family. It's a gift I can't really put into words.

*****
Thank you for reading, I can't tell you how much it means to me. Since I don't have a book for you to buy, could you maybe click the banner below to vote for me? I really appreciate it.
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!