Thursday, December 04, 2014

He's A Bad Smurf...

There are many things that I imagined would tempt my children.

Candy, toys, you know, good stuff.

I never expected that Papa Smurf would so tempt my child that he would have to resort to thievery.

Seriously, what kind of magic does he have, exactly?

I'll bet it's that pink crystal. I mean, just look at the way he's eyeing that thing. He knows he's up to no good!

Anywho, Ciaran fell in love with this little guy in class. And, thanks to Autism, it didn't occur to him that there was anything wrong with putting this toy that he liked, in his pocket and bringing it home. I mean, if he likes it, then it should be his. Simple.

Sadly, I have to convince him that no, the world does not work that way.

Of course I emailed his teacher and promised that it would be sent back to school tomorrow in his backpack. And since this is the second toy he's brought home in two weeks, I imagine that this will lead to a whole plan to teach him the lesson he clearly needs to learn about taking things that don't belong to him.

But the kid is honest, at least. He told me exactly who Papa Smurf belonged to, and that he took him. I didn't have to work hard at all to get it out of him. It was kind of a let down.

I never even got to use any of my fancy torture equipment.

It was so tempting to tell him that if he's going to become a master thief, he should try taking things that are cooler than an old Papa Smurf toy. Awesome though this particular hunk of plastic may be.

But, I know, that would be wrong.

Being a grown-up sometimes takes all the fun out of parenting. And there go all my plans for our future life of crime. Because that boy would give me up for nothing. And you can't have a partner like that.

Guess I'll settle for a life lived on the right side of the law. Oh well.

*****
Thanks for reading, and if you could, just take a quick second and click the banner below to register a vote for my blog, I'd truly appreciate it.
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!