Friday, December 05, 2014

The Truth About Angels

Have you ever wondered what happens after you die? I know I have.

Will there be a heaven? Or will we be in the Summerlands?

Will we see those who have gone before? Or is it just a waiting room before being reincarnated?

These and so many other questions, I have long pondered. But tonight I had a moment where I thought all my questions might be answered.

See, I have a Brennan, and he's five, so he has all the answers to the universe.

Or he might watch too much TV.

I was futzing around on Facebook while Brennan talked. He's a talker by nature (I have no idea where he gets that), and so, I'll be honest here, I really only half listen to him most of the time. So, I was not really listening when he says, "And then you're an angel."

Suddenly I was paying rapt attention. "What are you talking about?"

"Angels Mommy. When you die, you become an angel. I know that."

He seemed pretty sure. I thought I should make him explain it all to me.

"Well, how do you know that?" I asked, and opened my arms so he'd come and sit on my lap.

He climbed up and looked me in the eyes. "Because Ben Kenobi died, and he became an angel. Angels are blue, and sometimes gray....Darth Vader killed Ben Kenobi, and that was sad. But it's okay, because he's still an angel."

I stared at him in disbelief for a minute. I thought I was going to get this serious talk about the afterlife, and instead I got a mini-geek talk about Star Wars.

Then I laughed, and told him that he is, hands down, the bestest Brennan ever.

You see, he's a Star Wars fan, and for a Geek Mom, that's a gigantic win.

We spent the next ten minutes discussing the force, being a Jedi, and how maybe Darth Vader wasn't all bad. And Brennan loves light sabers. He'd really like a pink one.

I have no idea how to make that happen, but I'm damn well gonna try.

And, I guess I'm also glad that he took his understanding of angels from Star Wars and not from Doctor Who. Because that would have just scared the crap out of him.


*****
Wherever you go when Darth Vader kills you, I hope you'll click the banner below to register a vote for me before you become a blue angel. Thanks!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!