Monday, January 05, 2015

A New Year, A New Plan!

Alright, I'm going to be upfront here. I don't have a new plan.

I'm fairly introspective, and I think I'm in a state of constant evaluation and making new plans. I don't need a New Year in order to do that.

I thought this meme was kind of funny. Truth be told, my New Year's resolution will never be to give up sarcasm. It's my native tongue.

But I would like to write more.

There was a time that I considered myself a writer. I was all of 15, and I also considered myself an actress and a singer. Then I realized that there were actually a lot of people who did these things, and did them far better than I did. And if I couldn't be the best, maybe I just wouldn't do these things at all.

It's something that I can only attribute to being young and limited in my thinking. You can do things, just for the love of it. With practice, you can even get better.

So, maybe I'll never be an actress or a singer. Or maybe in a few years, when kids are older, I'll try to do some community theater and see if I still have anything left.

And maybe I'm not going to write angsty teenage fiction in my spare time (you're welcome), but maybe I'll write more here, about what it is to be a mom with a great big family (just fyi, the last couple of weeks it's been sick, holiday, sick, holiday, screamy 3 year old, repeated over and over again, hence the lack of regular blogging). And maybe someone will even read it and be interested.

I'm not one thing. I'm a hundred things. And so are you.

Don't worry about your New Year's resolutions. Think about how we can constantly be re-evaluating our paths to see what we need right now, and who we are right now. I don't know about you, but I need to stop seeing myself as a series of faults to be corrected. I need to see myself as fluid human being, ever learning, changing, and growing.

Thanks for sticking with me. I'll be back regular now, I promise.


*****
I don't think you need a resolution. But if you wanted to make voting for this blog, a new habit, I wouldn't be sorry. Please click the banner below to register a vote for me. Thanks! You're the best. And I mean that.
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!