Friday, January 09, 2015

Thank You Internet

I realized something tonight. I'm a sucker for infomercials.

I have bought many things over the years from this kind of advertising, which is hugely effective on gullible people like me. Some of it has worked pretty well. Some of it has been downright awful.

Tonight I was watching one on dog training.

Did you know that in as little as 15 minutes, my dog could be perfect? No more jumping. No more stealing food off the counter. No more chewing cords, or eating her bed. No, she'd be perfect.

I just need this system, which I can get for two payments of $29.95

I'm telling you, the thought of her not doing those things is so tempting, I nearly did it.

But thank you, internet. With you I can look things up, verify claims, read reviews. With you, internet, I don't have to rely on how an infomercial makes me feel. No. I can check things out for myself.

So, on the downside, I won't have a perfect dog in as little as 15 minutes.

But on the plus side, I still have $60.

*****
If you liked this, click the link below which registers a vote for me, would you? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!