Sunday, January 11, 2015

Where Do My Ideas Go?

I need a tape recorder, I think.

I keep having great ideas for blog posts, and I know that just as soon as I sit down at the computer, this amazing thing is going to flow right out of me!

Then I actually sit down, and that absolutely genius idea I had in the car on the way to Target, is gone.

Not just gone like nothing was there. It's like a Black Hole of an idea, where the absence of it is pulling me in with it's gravity.

The idea didn't just go. It was swallowed.

Is this Mommy Brain? Midlife senility? The long term effects of sleep deprivation on a woman?

I have no idea. All I know is that I had something decent to write and now all I have is the nagging frustration that I can't remember that thing.

To be fair, I've forgotten other things as well. I can even forget to pee if I'm kept busy enough. At least that one never gets forgotten forever.

Life is a vast field of experiences, thoughts and ideas. Maybe some we get to pick up and carry with us, and others we only get to look at. And some we pick up and set down along the path, and then we realize we forgot the idea for our blog posts.

But there's tomorrow, I think. And I'll have another idea then. Maybe I'll ask Siri to make a note for me. She's way better at remembering things than I am.

What did we do before? I don't remember.

*****
If you like my blog, like at all, please could you remember to click the banner below to register a vote for me? Thanks, you're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!