Saturday, April 16, 2005

More Random Thoughts

Since Saturday is our day to go to Mass, I try to make it a day of rest. A day to relax, read my bible, not do housework that doesn't have to be done. So why is it I still feel so busy?

I found out about this curriculum called Robinson and it seems kind of cool. For $200 you get everything for your children to educate themselves with only parental guidance. Since my goal is really to make my children self-learners, it seems kind of neat. But the Robinson's are way more strict than I am. No TV being an example, and no sugar in their diet another. Our family isn't like that, so I don't know if it would work for us. If anyone uses it, let me know if you like it. I've still got a lot of homework to do on it.

I was up really late with Bridget last night. It was hot, and I think she's cutting some more teeth, so she can get pretty cranky. And she's always been my sweet girl. Now she wants to be held all the time. I'm waiting for a Mei Tai baby carrier, which is a Chinese style baby sling/carrier, and with it I should be able to wear her on my back, freeing me up to do housework. Now the only problem will be how to keep her from pulling my hair. I cover my head for Mass to show submission to God and devotion to the Blessed Virgin, but I've started covering a lot at home. No, I'm not uber-pious, it just keeps the hair out of baby's way. Very effective. One day I'll have to write about my experiences when I cover. The world really does treat me differently, and generally in a good way.

I'm on message boards alot these days, and I don't know how to make the really cool signatures everyone's got. I want one.

I've been reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe with the kids, and Aslan died tonight. It's totally different reading it as an adult. It's made a great springboard for talking about our faith.

I must be really tired to have rambled on this long! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!