Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Cameras and Accidents

My mom found this great deal in the paper. A 3.2 megapixel Olympus digital camera for $149.99 at Target. With purchase you'd receive a $15 gift card which could then be used toward the purchase of a memory card. Since my birthday is coming up she called and offered to send me the money to buy it. Since I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and my birthday IS coming up (btw, this is number 27 for me and it's inching toward 30. I can't really be almost 30 can I? I thought I was just 18!) I took her up on her offer.

Since the girls were napping and Reagan was busy, I felt comfortable leaving Karina to hold down the fort for a few minutes while I ran up to Target to get it. Everything went fine until I was ready to leave. I was backing out of my parking space, looking over my shoulder, when I hit the very corner of someone coming up the isle. He was over my left shoulder and I truly couldn't see him. Now, this is a 2-3 mph bumper hit which is of course enough to put a dent in his front end. And of course he drives an Infinity which will have to have the whole pannel replaced and be expensive. But what gets me was his attitude. Apparently he's moving and just doesn't need one more thing to deal with. As if I caused this on purpose! As if I was sitting around that day thinking, "Hmm, I'm bored. I think I'll go find a cranky old man (who's moving and too busy to deal with me) and then I'll hit him with my car. Yup, that sounds good to me!" Come on! I reminded him that is was a tiny accident and no one was hurt and we're insured. I felt like adding "Bite me." but I'm sure that wouldn't have been appropriate.

On the upside, we got a cool new camera! I'll have to put up new pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!