Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gone Kooky

Photobucket

Cleaning usually provides one with a sense of accomplishment. You can look around at a job well done and be proud of yourself.

Not in my house. At least not today.

Today, the more I did, the more there was to do. I needed help from my children. You know, the little people who live in my house and eat my food and say that I'm in charge. But it took so much effort to get them to do anything, that I might as well have done it myself.

Tonight in a fit of frustration, I loudly went about the playroom explaining why I was frustrated, and about wet myself. Yeah, pregnancy has added a whole bunch of fun to my parenting experience recently.

Funny thing is, I didn't break down and cry from feeling overwhelmed. I broke down and laughed. And then I went about my blog reading leaving comments that I pray are taken in the lighthearted, I'm-in-a-kooky-mood spirit in which they were intended.

Because seriously, by this point in my day, I'm just kinda done. I'm ready to kick back on the mommy couch with a virgin daquiri, and some good company. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Who brought dessert? I'm particularly fond of chocolate.

7 comments:

  1. I would love nothing more than to join you on the mommy couch! Alas, I cannot eat chocolate these days. I know, I know...what a terrible thing!

    I'm trying to make a lifestyle change. I need to improve my BP and some not-so-great labwork. Oh, and make my doctor happy in the process. So...for now...no chocolate for me! *sob*

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was pregnant with Kara our third child was having a lot of accidents and wetting everything. I scolded him one day for not getting up and going to the bathroom just feet from him and he said "But mommy you pee in your pants everyday!"
    It wasn't a lie. I did, sometimes more than once because I had bladder damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your graphic alone on this post is enough to catch anyone's attention! It's great!! It reminds me of the bumper sticker I saw once that said, "I may live in my own little world, but it's okay. Everybody knows me here."

    I have been known to quote that often since. :-)

    Sounds like you had "one of those kinds of days". They can seem so long. It is kinda funny how a good dose of chocolate (or any sugar for that matter) can help to cure such long days!

    Hoping tomorrow is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, I have a vegan friend who loves making healthy desserts, I can find you something. You're welcome on my mommy couch, anytime!

    Kim, I have some damage too. I think after so many pregnancies, I have a slight urethral herniation. All the kegels in the world don't make a difference. It's like I'm 90. If I gotta go, I gotta go, and if I can't (or I sneeze, cough, or appartently yell at all) I have no control. Oh, the things we do for our kids.

    Donetta, I have high hopes for today. I'm already up and going (it's 6:30 am here) and I have a new system I'm going to be trying out! If I like it, I'll be sure to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I lived close enough I would bake you one of my chocolate cakes. Nothing healthy in it and pure induldance. It's called death by chocolate.

    Take care of yourself.
    Spike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spike, that sound like my kind of treat. If I have to choose a way to go, death by chocolate is my first choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm on my mommy couch quite often! I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I don't let my hormones get to me either!! LOL.
    I just now remembered that I need vacuum bags! Ugh! I did all my shopping yesterday. Love that pregnancy brain.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!