Monday, April 11, 2011

My Boy Is A Headbanger


No.  Not that kind of headbanger.

More like this:

While I understand that he's a year and a half old, an unable to verbalize his strong emotions (I know that because I read it, here) I'm still finding the behavior somewhat disturbing.  

Get closed out of the bathroon because you are a child still in diapers?  Bang your head
Mommy walks away because she needs to get the fifth load of laundry done before lunch?  Bang your head
Did someone start playing with a toy that you thought you might want back one day?  Bang your head

Imagine if I could do that.  I might look like this for most of the day:


That looks about right to me.  Maybe without the fluffy pom pom things.

So, how do I stop my child from hitting his head on the wall, door, table, floor, really cute stuffed bear that probably doesn't actually hurt?  Dunno.  But I hope one of us figures something out soon.  There is nothing better worse than watching a frustrated child actually hurt himself.  He is way too cute for that!


On a totally unrelated note.  All kinds of freaky things come up when looking for images of children banging their heads.  Like this:


I can't begin to tell you how much I want to beat the parents who thought letting their toddler smoke was a good idea.  On the other hand, I feel like a much better mother.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Headbangers - both my kids went through that - both of them are fine. lol Actually Ivan is still going through that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!