Friday, June 10, 2011

The Last Day of School


It was the last day of school, today. The last day.

I can't believe it's over.

My first year not homeschooling anyone.

It was liberating. And frustrating. And overwhelmingly busy.

Now my Reagan will be off to High School. Piper and Bridget moving up to 4th and 2nd grade. Ciaran will be starting Kindergarten.

I will be left at home with 3 little boys. Which, to be honest, doesn't really scare me. Right now my biggest challenge is Ciaran, who has the advantage of size, and the disadvantage of poor communication skills. So, when he can't ask for something, he can become abusive. Quinn doesn't take that kind of thing lying down. But being a small 3 year old, he doesn't exactly have an advantage. I actually think it will be much more peaceful next year with just my three littlest guys.

Now I have to survive the Summer. No more super early mornings. No more quiet afternoons when they're all gone. There are some advantages to this whole "school" business.

It was the last day of school. And I'm both a little happy and sad about it. Huh. It seems like so much of parenthood is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!