Friday, August 29, 2014

Kids With Uzis

So, has everyone heard?

A nine year old shot her instructor. Her shooting instructor. At the shooting range. That her parents took her to.

She shot him with an uzi.

I'm not even kidding.

I heard the guy who runs the place on MSNBC talking about how good his instructors are. All ex military or ex law enforcement. And hey guys, this was a terrible accident, but get this, they let children shoot these guns there all the time

Again, I'm not even kidding. They have kids birthday parties. At the shooting range. Where they shoot uzis. 

This particular range specializes in semi and fully automatic weapons.

Good news though, they're going to review their policy.  But really, she's not the youngest they let shoot that gun. They start...at eight

We Americans have a weird relationship with our guns. And I'll be honest, I don't get it even a little bit. Guns scare the crap out of me. Not because I'm inherently scared of things, but because they are a tool that was designed to kill things. And they're really good at it. 

So, I asked my friends via Facebook, if they didn't think nine was a little young to be firing an uzi.  The answer was, without fail, yes.  Even my most die-hard gun loving friend whom I've known for over 20 years, thought this was a horrible choice on the part of the parents and one that would scar this child for life.

I'm not in charge (which is probably a good thing), but if I were, I would demand that everyone using guns be properly educated, and incredibly responsible. That includes not letting young children fire anything remotely like an uzi, ever. Seriously, what were they thinking?

*****

You seem really smart. I'll be you would never let a nine year old fire an automatic weapon. If you agree with me and liked this post, would you click the link below which registers a vote for me? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!