Thursday, October 02, 2014

I May Have The Best New Job Ever

Remember when someone told you to find a job you loved and were passionate about, because then it would never feel like work? I think I might have done that.

It just fell into my lap, as I sat one day talking to the WIC Lactation Consultant. She told me she thought I'd be a great peer counselor, and asked if, when they had openings, I'd be interested. I told her I would.

I thought it was a volunteer thing, to be honest So, I was even more excited when I found out it's a paid position. That's immensely helpful to my family at the moment.

I started training today, and can tell that this job is exactly what I was made for.

You have to understand that pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, etc., these things have been my fascination since I was a little girl. I always wanted to have babies, and to nurse my babies.

And I always wanted to help other women do the same.

This particular job is about educating women, empowering them to make the best choices for themselves and their babies. It's supporting them through a time when you might need real help, or you might just need someone who has been there, to tell you that you're doing it all right. I will be in a unique position to connect with them, mother-to-mother, and support them from pregnancy, through the first year.

This job is going to give me the opportunity to touch real people's lives and be a part of their journey. Which, is an incredible gift, in my opinion. It's also going to give me a jumping off point to becoming a Certified Lactation Counselor, or an IBCLC.

But that's a ways down the road. Right now I'm just so passionate about the things I'm learning, and I really can't wait to start talking to, and meeting with these moms.

Of course, Bridget let me know this morning, how much she still needs me at 10 years old. When I told her I was going to work, she wanted to know who would look after them. I told her I'd be home before she was, but it's nice to know that being a stay-at-home-mom isn't a completely unappreciated job.

*****

You read all the way through that? Thanks! If you liked it, click the link below which registers a vote for me, would you? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!